Predictions 2015-2016 - John Hogue

Predictions 2015-2016 is seer and prophecy scholar John Hogue's description of what's in store for the world based on his research of contemporary events, astrological readings, and insights offered by his "oracle." It provides a good overview of the status of world events, governments, economies, and climate for the time period specified and beyond. That overview stays true to the Predictions part of the title in that it contains accounts of what will happen, and of what can happen, based on choices made in this prophetically significant time. Those choices and outcomes are further illuminated by passages of prophetic writings from past seers--Nostradamus foremost among them.

In this book, as in his other written works, Mr. Hogue uses astrology as his chief tool for prognostication. Consequently, you get passages like:

It sits at 21 degrees Scorpio in the Twelfth House, conjoined Venus and my Ascendant at 20 degrees.

Don't be daunted by that, though, because most such passages aren't so astrologically technical and Mr. Hogue provides layman explanations for those that are. This doesn't detract from the book's message. It even enhances it in much the same way a book involving sailing ships might use nautical terms and so provide a salty ambiance for its story (re: Two Years Before the Mast).

You don't have to "believe in astrology" to get the value of this book. I've long thought that people sensitive to the supra-dimensional aspect of reality (i.e., "psychics") usually have some kind of tool such as astrology, the tarot, palm-reading, Ouija boarding, etc, to facilitate their access to the numinous. Mr. Hogue seems to endorse this idea when, in regard to the operational influence on human activities by the stars and planets, he says:

Perhaps they have no direct influence on humanity at all, but they inspire the seer like a catalyst.

If you are open to this view, then you will obtain the optimum value from Predictions 2015-2016 and Mr. Hogue's inspiration. And that value covers a lot of ground. In twelve chapters and an epilogue, Mr. Hogue touches on most of the events, momentums, and situations operating in the world today. For each, he offers an overview of its history and current status, relates the astrological perspective, and adds any further word on the subject from his oracle. He then offers his predictions, which may be a declarative statement of what he believes will happen ("I predict that..."), or his view of what trends will develop, or what the choices are and their potential consequences.

Without giving anything away, the areas covered in the book include the fate of the American Empire (and the potentiality of nuclear war with Russia), world economy and the control of it by global corporations and their "trade deals," a future defined by decentralization in technology and politics, the 2016 US presidential election and its likely winner, an American rebellion against the 1% police state, EU hubris and Greek economic problems, the possibilities for a "blood" pandemic, the BRICS challenge to the West, conflict stemming from the crisis in Ukraine, Middle East issues including the rise of ISIS, and global warming leading to climate change with all its miseries.

These are heavy subjects and contemplating them honestly can be depressing. Mr. Hogue acknowledges this in his introduction and promises the reader that his book will not sugar-coat any of it:

Numerous almanacs and forecasts for 2015 are available that will mollify you, that will “Mary Poppins” to you this bitter pill of a year with a spoon full of sugary BS to make the medicine go down. This book won’t do that.

And it doesn't. Even so, Mr. Hogue's prose is characteristically witty with a liberal and unapologetic use of insightful puns scattered throughout. He even alters his "voice" from street-slang to poetic, as he deems fit, to make his points. It often includes re-worded popular songs. All this adds a lightness to keep the subject matter from becoming so dark that it gets overwhelming, and it helps carry readers along through the book's expansive list of topics.

Now, the potential problem with a book of predictions is that it can be viewed simply as a game where the predictions are compiled and checked for accuracy to produce a "score." A high score might earn the author the title of "pretty good predictor," where a low score might lead to a dismissal of the book and anything else the author says. While such "scoring" is possible, it is secondary, especially in this book where so many important issues are discussed with candor and buttressed with careful research. I recommend that readers think past "scoring" and consider what Mr. Hogue says about things like the potential for nuclear war erupting from the Ukraine and Iran situations, or the threat of human extinction from global warming.

Predictions 2015-2016 is a book written for a specific time. Mr. Hogue says in the introduction that that time is one of "last chances." Humanity must make some critical decisions, now, to facilitate a much needed restart. This time will feel, he says, "something like death is approaching...to be supplanted by the unfamiliar, the new." And further, "A birth is coming out of this death." This book should help you see the fitful death coming for nations, systems, and grooves of thought that have run their course, before there is a birth of anything better.

I try not to do spoilers in my reviews so I have not given here much of Mr. Hogue's conclusions or specific predictions. I urge you to make those discoveries for yourself by reading Predictions 2015-2016 and I predict that, if you do so with an open mind and honest desire to learn, you'll be richly rewarded. But I warn you: never mind looking at the future, even looking honestly at the present is not a task for the faint-hearted. Seeing things as they are, is tough and can lead to despair.

Mr. Hogue addresses this issue of reality-prompted despair in his book's epilogue, which is by itself, worth the cost of the book. Its impact is loaded by the preceding twelve chapters so don't skip right to it. You should read the book chapter-by-chapter, taking in what is said in each, and then meditatively read the epilogue. That exercise will, in my opinion, bring you to the closest facility for hope that I can find in this dark age, and so help you face the future.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WONOGAG/ref=s9_wish_gw_d2_g351_i3?ie=UTF8&colid=29ZSUFKPMG32H&coliid=I2WR41RWX2GC2I&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1FGK9WRCCR8B6B7ZZEG2&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&p