Trump for President: Astrological Predictions - John Hogue

So who is Donald Trump? Is he a rich, racist, misogynist, conceited clown who makes outrageous comments that only ultra-right-wingers could love? Or is he a ultra-savvy real estate tycoon who has amassed fortunes by wheeling-and-dealing in the richest and toughest markets in world capitalism?

According to John Hogue in Trump for President: Astrological Predictions, he may be both. He might also be next US president, if his stars align.

In 156 pages and 14 chapters, Mr. Hogue presents his take on who Donald Trump really is, what his chances are for winning the 2016 US presidential election, and how he would likely govern as president, all based on Trump’s astrological birth chart. While his book is heavy on astrological reckonings, Mr. Hogue also pulls from news reports, history, his personal experiences with Geminis, and Mr. Trump’s own writings, to paint his picture of “The Donald.”

The portrait he comes up with is of a man more complex than usually seen in the news or on The Apprentice reruns. We are shown a man with issues, but also with a record of material success who has the potential to use his abilities at this unique moment in history for the common good (even as he unabashedly promotes and adores himself).

There is a lot of astrology in this book, as you would expect since the title proclaims it to be a book of astrological predictions. It is, however, balanced with a lot of straight-forward prose, as well as with explanations and interpretations of the astrology jargon. In fact, Mr. Hogue even provides, in Chapter 3, some definitions for many of the astrological terms he uses. Getting a handle on these will help reduce any jargon intimidation you may have. I think it will also help to keep in mind that:

1. Trump is a Gemini.
2. His “ruling planet” is Mercury.
3. His “Ascendant” Zodiac sign is Leo.
4. His Leo Ascendant makes connection with the planet Mars (in his birth chart).

This will make sense as you read through the book.

There is also a link (this is an ebook) in Chapter 1 to a graphic of Trump’s birth chart. It’s interesting to see, though it would only be meaningful to someone who knows astrology and who could refer to it while reading the book. From that chart, we get a personality profile for Trump that shows him with what I take to be classic Gemini traits: restless, always thinking, love of beauty and luxury, iconoclastic, flamboyant. Then Mr. Hogue further describes him as:

“…a Leo-Ascendant Gemini living large and loud about himself. This rising sign with a Martian chaser grants Trump high energy on overdrive, along with an emperor’s way with people that can be at one moment dignified, regal and in the next unguarded, Gemini-Sun driven moment, bullying, rude— filling the room full of yourself uninvited or taking up all the air in a presidential debate.”

With this baseline of Trump’s personality, Mr. Hogue goes on to talk about how Trump will affect the 2016 US presidential election, and how it will affect him.

Like Bernie Sanders on the Democrat side, Trump is a Washington outsider (though I think Sanders is more closely aligned with the Democrats than Trump is with the Republicans). That these two “outliers” have emerged in each political party strikes me as interesting. Mr. Hogue attributes it, and I agree, to people being especially fed up with the two parties at this time. In the past, this was a big help to third party candidates (think, Ross Perot), but these days, the rules are stacked even more to prevent any success for third parties. Consequently, these outliers are running within the established framework of the “two party” system.

Of these two candidates, Mr. Hogue predicts that Trump will get farther. Though both threaten the corporate darling candidates (Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton), Sanders won’t survive the primary process and will humbly cast his support for Clinton (unless something takes Clinton out of the race). Trump, however, will not do anything humbly. Mr. Hogue sees him winning the Republican nomination and going against Hillary in the general election.

Among other points made by Mr. Hogue are:

* Trump most always gets what he wants, and he wants to be president.

* There is an outside chance that Trump will not get the Republican nomination and so make a powerful run as a Third Party candidate. But his best prospect for beating H. Clinton, is as the Republican candidate.

* If elected president, Trump has great potential to oppose the corporate 1% (he is one of them, but a maverick), keep the US out of nuclear war, and bring the US to a renewable energy based economy (or at least start the process). In fact, Mr.  Hogue says a lot about Trump’s potential to do good for the US and the world—if he can heed good counsel and keep his “evil twin” under control.

* Trump would likely get along with Vladimir Putin, thus helping to avoid WWIII. In fact, Putin and Trump have defended each other in the press and exchanged favorable comments about each other (this is my note, and I’m getting it from Russia Today). Mr. Hogue notes that Trump’s first two wives were Slavic and that Trump has done a lot of business in Russia.

* Trump is badly misinformed about, and missing the boat on, global warming/climate change. So far, Trump has parroted the line that it’s all a hoax promoted by scientists who profit from the research of it. Mr. Hogue points out that this is BS and that Trump desperately needs someone to set him straight on the issue. This would be especially critical if Trump became president, because heroic action taken by the next president to mitigate global warming may well determine the fate of humanity (and in my opinion, of all life on earth).

* Mr. Hogue makes interesting comparisons of Trump to a couple of historical figures: Richard Wagner (also a Gemini) and Alexander the Great. The similarities he sees are mostly in the areas of philosophical mutability (i.e., Wagner ranted anti-semitic a lot, but was a musical genius who became more tolerant in his old age), and in the tendency to overreach in their endeavors, much to their detriment (Alexander tried to push his conquests into India, but wasn’t successful).

All of this provides a more balanced view of Donald Trump than you’re likely to get outside of doing a lot of reading and research yourself. Even so, Mr. Hogue is not politically supporting Trump in this book. Rather, he is trying to provide a real understanding of a man who is an American icon and who has been, and will be, a very major part of the 2016 US presidential election. He shows us that the man is neither a buffoon nor a messiah (although he may, at times, behave as the former and consider himself, at times, to be the latter).

I have to admit that when I first learned that Trump was running for president, my reaction was, “Yeah, another nutcase for the Republicans.” His off-the-wall, right-wing comments tended to support that opinion. Then he made some comments that I thought were right-on: like condemning the allegations of Putin murdering journalists, and noting that Hillary was the more culpable for having innocent blood on her hands; and then saying that he was happy that Putin was kicking ISIS butt in Syria. I found these opinion extremes coming from Trump to be confusing, but Trump for President makes some sense of them.

I must also note that Mr. Hogue makes quite a few predictions in Trump for President. Some are repeats and expansions from his previous books (actually, his ongoing work) and some are new. They are all worth taking note of. In fact, reviewing them would be a study in itself. As I’ve said before, we live in an age of converging calamities and to survive we need all the insights we can get.

So let me just quote a few of Mr. Hogue’s predictions from this book, so as to whet your appetite:

* “Short of any unforeseen health issues, the Democrat nominee will be the anathema of right-whinging wingers, Hillary Rodham Clinton.”  (chpt 7)

* “I predict the winner of the election will gain the 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency from Colorado and Nevada.”  (chpt 8)

* “I predict a very large turnout for this national election, primarily if Trump is pitted against Clinton.”  (chpt 8)

* “The economy isn’t getting out of this current Great Depression. It began in 2008. It’s only flat-lining until the next dive starting in 2016.”  (chpt 14)

* “[REDACTED] is going to be the next president, taking my streak to 13 and 0. No one else the Republican’s front has a chance to make that prediction wrong.”  (chpt 8)

As I’ve noted, this is a book of astrological predictions. Or I should say, it’s based on astrological predictions. Though he considers himself an astrologer, Mr. Hogue makes it clear that astrology is not a science (I think, though, that a case might be made that it “sired” astronomy). He considers it his chief tool for divining that allows him to reach beyond the surface of things to touch something deeper and so gain insight.

As he said in an article on his website:

“…I use divination techniques only long enough to trigger something far deeper and more profound that’s “between the lines” drawn hard and unrelentingly by “astrologism’s” technical purists.”

What he finds between those lines is coupled with scholarship and careful research into “what’s happening now,” and so produces something well-informed that should be noted. In other words, a work such as this goes well beyond “fortune telling.”

So I highly recommend Trump for President: Astrological Predictions as a topical work on the “force of growth and reconstruction” that is Donald Trump. In these momentous times, it’s another clue.